Thursday, October 22, 2015

BUSY BUSY BUSY!

WOW!  Time flies when you are having fun!

It is hard to believe but my 3 weeks in OKC are coming to an end.  I leave to fly back to Seattle tomorrow.  I have had such a great time!  Every day has been filled with fun!

As I posted last time, I spent the first week taking care of Caleb while Megan and Aaron were in school.  The second week was filled with running errands with Amanda and helping her wash baby clothes and get Kegan’s closet set up.  I even got to go to her ultrasound appointment and see Kegan in 3D!   

Kegan Emit Harrison

Look at those chubby cheeks!

Last Friday, Megan, Aaron, Caleb and I went to the zoo.  The weather had cooled off that day and the animals were out and active. 








Then last Saturday, Oct 17th, was Amanda and James baby shower for little Kegan.  It was held at James mom and dad’s house about an hour south of OKC.  There was lots of Harrison family there and we had a great time.

Papa and I gave them all the crib bedding and blankets, the nursery lamp, and a ton of clothes, plus other various items.

I also made a cross-stitch pattern that had Kegan’s name done in a camouflage pattern with the nursery colors.   The nursery theme is fishing, camping, outdoorsy, camo type stuff so I glued little fishing theme decorations onto the frame.   I think it turned out really cute.



James mom and dad gave them an amazing gift.  James dad, Keith, is an amazing woodworker.  He does it just for a hobby but he could definitely make a lot of money selling his work.  So for their gift, Keith made a mini-crib totally out of reclaimed wood.  It has such intricate detail and inlaid wood.  It is just stunning!



This piece is something that will be saved and treasured and passed down for generations to come. 

The following day, on Sunday, Oct 18th, Amanda, Kaitlin and I went shopping at Target for baby items that she didn’t get at the shower.   Target is having a huge baby sale this week so she got some amazing deals!  Between shopping in the store and on-line, I believe that she has most everything that she needs.

When we got back to the house, Megan, Aaron and Caleb were waiting for me.  I got out of Amanda’s car and jumped in the car with them and we then went to Orr Family Farm.  This farm is amazing.  It has all kinds of games for all ages, a petting zoo, a train ride, a hay ride, a zip line, a carousel, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, lots of things for toddlers to do, lots of food and much more.  It was crazy busy but we had a great time!
 
Caleb's second carousel ride!

Caleb's first train ride!


Corn crib filled with deer corn!
He loved it!




We then rushed back and I immediately went to dinner with some high school friends that I haven’t seen in 30 years!  It was so fun!  It was like we had not been separated all those years.  We just had a great time talking and catching up.  I haven’t laughed so hard in a very long time!  We were so busy talking that we forgot to take a pic of all of us!

I have also had a great time these past few weeks playing with my grand-puppies too.  Amanda and James have a German Shorthair Pointer named Watson and a German Shephard named Ivan. 
 
Ivan
Watson

Watson is crazy hyper and has tons of energy.  He would spend all day running around outside looking or chasing birds if you would let him.  Ivan is the exact opposite.  He is calm and super chill.  Both are super, super smart and know their commands and mind very well.  But when they play, they are crazy wild!

This week I have had various things scheduled each day as well as spending time with Caleb.  I babysat Caleb Monday night so Megan and Aaron could go on a date.  By the time Wednesday got here, I was unable to keep going.  My body had just completely shut down. 

I have been pushing myself since the week before I came to OKC and I just can’t do that.  I have many medical problems and several invisible disabilities and I knew that I was going to pay for my hectic schedule.  I was just hoping I could make it until I got back to Seattle before I crashed but that didn’t happen.  I have spent the last two days in bed.  I will probably be in this flare for a month or more.  I haven’t been this bad for several years. 

So, that is my 3 weeks in a nutshell.  Crazy busy but filled with great memories!  Tex and I will be back in OKC for a few days in December when Kegan is due.  Hopefully, Kegan will cooperate and we will get to spend a few days with him before we have to leave.  We can only stay about 10 days so it will be a much shorter trip.  We will have to plan to come back in a few months in order to see Kegan more as well as Caleb. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler Fall weather!  Get out and have fun in the great outdoors!

Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment