Sunday, August 30, 2015

Super Simple Solutions!

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day! 

Seattle is finally seeing some rain this weekend and it is sorely needed!  We haven’t had significant rain fall for several months and everything is bone dry.  Unfortunately, the rain is not supposed to make it over the Cascade Mountains to the east side of Washington where all the horrible fires are out of control.  They desperately need rain!

Been a pretty quiet week here.  I have been doing a lot of cross-stitch trying to get a couple of projects completed.  Not anywhere close yet so I will be working on them a lot this week.

Tex has been able to cut back on his hours a little this week.  Instead of 12-13 hour days, he is working 11-12 hour days.  Ha!  Not much change but hopefully in the near future he can cut back some more.  He has all new bosses and even though they are now here, he still has a lot of info to provide them and to help them as much as possible.

I thought I would show you a couple of simple solutions we came up with to help with my jewelry storage and mirror issues.

I have been trying to find a way to have my jewelry easily accessible but with limited cabinet and countertop space, I just wasn’t happy with my options.  I had been looking at wooden cabinets that hang on the wall because I have one wall in the bathroom that I could use but Tex kept telling me everything I found was too heavy. 

I finally decided to use my 31 brand jewelry bag and hang it up on a Command Hook. 



I had been using the jewelry bag but was keeping it closed and in a drawer.  Even though it isn’t as aesthetically pleasing as a wooden cabinet would be, it is super easy to take down when we hit the road.  However, I have found that I don’t even have to take it down.  It is super light and it doesn’t cause any problems while we are driving.

I have also been complaining about our bathroom mirror since we started living in the RV full time.  It is a great mirror but my eyesight is not what is used to be and I was wanted a magnification mirror.  I have been searching for one that can be hung on the wall and is on a swing arm but everywhere I looked on-line, they were all super heavy.

One day we were in Home Depot and just happened upon a display of the exact mirror I have been wanting and it was very light.  It was perfect!  We bought it and Tex installed it on the wall to the left of the bathroom sink. 



These two simple solutions to two nagging problems have been perfect and I am very happy with them both!

I guess that is all that is happening around here right now.   Hope everyone has a great day!


Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment