Saturday, May 23, 2015

Update!!

Well hi everyone!

It has been a very long time since I posted - almost 10 months.  Not very much has been happening to write about but I guess a new post is due.

Tex's job is keeping him very busy so we haven't really done any sight seeing.  Kinda sad.  The winter was wet, I mean, we are in Seattle, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be.  It doesn't really rain every day and even when it does rain, it is usually a soft, floating rain.  I will take rain any day over snow and ice!  And the temps are wonderful!  It only went below freezing one week early in the winter, the rest of the time it was actually quite mild.  Even with the mild temps though, we are still dreaming and counting the days until we can winter in warmer climates!

I was able to go home to OKC for 10 days in December and spent the Christmas holidays with our kids and our little grandson Caleb.  It was so good to see them and get to play with our grand baby.  Caleb was 6 months old then and I enjoyed getting to spend time with him.  Tex stayed in Washington and continued to work and took care of the girls while I was gone.

Nothing happened for the first few months of 2015.  Been very quiet around here.  The RV park was pretty steady with people staying months at a time so not many people coming and going.  Tex and I enjoy going to try new restaurants and usually go to a new one each week.

Now it is the end of May and the RV park is becoming very busy.  More and more people are arriving from far away and it is wonderful to get to meet so many people and learn about why they are RVing and about their travels.  I love this part of the RV life.

Tex and I have a week vacation planned for June 6-13.  We are going to Elwha Dam RV Park in Port Angeles.  We will be using it as a base to go out and sight see and explore the area.  We are very excited to be able to get away for a few days.  I will try to update more during this trip!

I have also created a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/coastiecastaways  I plan to use this new page for quicker updates and pics.

So, that is it in a nutshell.  Thanks for reading!

Until next time!






No comments :

Post a Comment